cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover an Account when I have No Access to the Email

Highlighted

Recover an Account when I have No Access to the Email

New member | Level 2

I had a gmail account that was likely hacked and subsequently deleted by Google, but it was connected with an active DropBox account that holds a lot of pictures that are important to me. Is there any chance I can actually talk to a representative of DropBox to verify my information (email address of that account and former password, etc.) and the contents of the hundreds of photos on the DropBox account?

I really hope I can get access to those photos again.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Recover an Account when I have No Access to the Email

Dropboxer

Hello there @rluciacrooks, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have, and to see your support options, you can simply log in and go to dropbox.com/support

Nonetheless, if you still remember the credentials of the account in question, you can still try to sign in via the website. 

Let me know of any updates - thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

It is a basic DropBox account (no billing information associated with it) and I am unable to use my old log-in and password because I get a notification that my credentials have expired.

Can I call a number to give personal information to attempt to gain access to these photos? I can give my former log-in and password that no longer work, along with specifics about the pictures that are on that DropBox account.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If your password expired and you don't have access to your email, you can try accessing your Dropbox account from a linked device. You can find more info about this, here

If you still reach a dead-end though, go to this link via an incognito window, and fill out the information asked in each box to submit a Help Request. 

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way, @rluciacrooks

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Unfortunately I do not have that account linked with my computer anymore (which is a shame because it was my only active account). I will try the last option, but I likely will be back here again to talk to someone.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?