cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover inactive account

Recover inactive account

antons
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I had issues accessing my email (and contacted DropBox support multiple times for the matter - they did not help me - everything is in my Ticket history). Now I have access to email but seems dropbox has disabled my account since I cannot neither log in nor recocer password by email.

How can I get my data back?

7 Replies 7

Re: Recover inactive account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @antons, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Out of curiosity, do you remember the last time you logged in or used your account? 

Was it more than a year ago by any chance?

Also, you mention that you've been in touch with our team. 

If you could give me the ticket IDs (eg. #1234567) associated with these interactions, that would be super helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

antons
New member | Level 2

Hello Lusil

Lusil
Dropboxer

If you haven't accessed or used your account for over 12 months, then that account is very likely to have been marked as inactive

In these cases, there's not much our team can do, but you could reach out to them since they can further investigate. 

You can send a ticket from this link, using an incognito window, without being signed in. 

Remember to enter the email address that the account in question was associated with.

Once you do that, let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

antons
New member | Level 2

Lusil,

I did submit the ticket as you suggested but have no ticket ID - system did not provide it. 

My frustration is I contacted support throughout 2 years when I had email issues, I even was ready to provide my IDs - passport, driver license etc to confirm my identity, and name files that are inside  - but no help. I even had the correct password for the account, but due to security policy system required me to update the password though email. 

And now after all that effort, when I finally got my email back my account seems to be disabled. I hope to have my data back. 

antons
New member | Level 2

Lusil -

I got the ticket ID by email - 11856805

Lusil
Dropboxer

I was able to find it and have made sure to reply to you. 

Whenever you get the chance, just check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

antons
New member | Level 2

Lusil,

I did check my email and proceed as you requested.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?