cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering user ID for given Direct Debit Charge

Recovering user ID for given Direct Debit Charge

Y_H
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have a trouble getting into endless loop with Dropbox bot, suport links etc.

Our company's bank account has every month a charge from ADYEN, by Direct Debit, of EUR11,99.

We've reached ADYEN and they informed us that a charge is made by Dropbox with "Shopper reference: User 546336156".

As per our knowledge, no user at our organization use Dropbox. However we didn't proceed with Direct Debit claim directly to the bank, as we would like to make sure there is no services we may be actually using for backups etc.

So the question is HOW TO IDENTIFY USER ID(email) linked to mentioned charge/shopper reference?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Yuriy Huben

5 Replies 5

Re: Recovering user ID for given Direct Debit Charge

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Y_H, thanks for checking in. 

The best route to take here is to contact our Support team directly, due to account-specific information that's needed to have a better look. 

You can submit a ticket through this link, using an incognito window, without signing in. 

Once you've done that, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jpn_santos
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Lusil,

Dear Sir/Madam,

My institute was charged by ADYEN in Dropbox behalf for the amount of 119,88 euros on 21st April 2021. We are not able to identify any user or permission to debit our bank account for this purpose.

I was trying to submit it in the billing form but it doesn't consider payments done by bank account as it was the case with us.

Can you provide a Dropbox direct email to solve this situation?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @jpn_santos, and welcome to our Community!

Have you tried locating the email of the account that the charge relates to, by using our self-serve lookup tool?

As for the email, you can check your account's support options here.

Let me know more! Thanks. 

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jpn_santos
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Lori,

Sorry, but he first link you mentioned gives error.

The Dropbox bank charge was made directly in my company bank account (not my personal account from which I am writing you up), which is not even foreseen at the FAQ billing section of Dropbox, which only mentions credit card or paypal payments...

Besides that we don't know any official account of Dropbox in our company to whom we can associate this bank charge, that is why it seems an abusive situation. Basically we got a bank charge and we can't enter in any Dropbox account to confirm or validate this expense. How should we proceed? I have a transaction ID number (12 character alphanumeric): 9LNBNK1JMG9F , which sohws up as invalid, when I enter it and it tell us to contact billing Help, which is quite difficult in Dropbox, since chat is only available with a bot....

Thanks

Best regards.

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt?utm_content=fa_ca&utm_source=sup?utm_source=sup&utm_co...

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @jpn_santos, thank you so much for all the valuable info! 

Would it be okay for me to reach out to you via email, so we can take a closer look there? 

Let me know!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    jpn_santos Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?