cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Referrals

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I got a friend to join today by sending him an invite to share a file but it isn't reflected in my account. How can this be rectified? Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Referrals

Super User II
Super User II

I'm not sure sharing a file counts - they need to have actually joined and theres no way of checking if they did via a link.

Sharing a link to a file isnt a referral link. Referral links need to be sent via www.dropbox.com/referrals

Also, note that they need to then JOIN and set up Dropbox on there computer (note not a mobile or tablet)

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

He joined and downloaded the file to his computer. I double-checked before posing the question. OK, I guess that I now know better for next time.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I, too, referred a friend to Dropbox.  He downloaded Dropbox but I have not received credit for the referral.  I sent an email to Dropbox but have not received a response.  Any ideas about how to correct this omission?  I have others who are waiting to download Dropbox until I figure why I am not receiving credit.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have also referred a friend who has signed up but I have not received the credit , I tried to e mail Dropbox but all you get is an automated reply --  what happens now ???

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Your friend needs to install Dropbox on a unique computer (mobile devices do not count). You can check the status of your referrals on your Account page. Click the View all space earned link.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?