cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund from Business to Individual

Highlighted

Refund from Business to Individual

Explorer | Level 3

I inadvertantly purchased a business account and then immdiately emailed Dropbox to refund me and I signed up for an individual account.  I have YET to be refunded and it has been over a month.  I have 3 tickets for this and all Dropbox does is sends me an email that a ticket is open and then never responds and then closes the ticket.  How do I talk to SOMEONE to get refunded - this is getting ridiculous.  

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Refund from Business to Individual

Dropboxer

Hi there @wmiller, thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Since you mention that you've submitted multiple tickets, could you let me know the ticket IDs (eg. #1234567) so that I can have a look into this for you? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  Tickets are #11401415, #11448140 and #11521775.  I like using Dropbox, but I don't need a business account and it is just me.  So I just wanted an individual account rather than paying for 3 licenses.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'd be happy to help look into this more in-depth, but before we do, could you check the subscription that your account currently is on? 

Also, have you checked with your bank for more information on the matter?

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

That would be great and woudl really appreciate the help.  I am looking at my credit card online and there has been no refund.  Only a charge for $495.00 on September 25th.  I have a Basic Dropbox account.  So the account has been dropped down, but no refund.  Thank you for looking into.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I see. In this case, can you submit a ticket via this link, using an incognito window, without being signed in to your account?

Once you do that, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with the ticket. 

Thanks!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you again for your help.  I opened a new ticket.  The number is  #11552685

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @wmiller; how are you today?

I'm sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that I found your ticket on our system and got back to you through that.

Could you take a look at your inbox for my message so we can pick this up from there?

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
I also have the same issue! I purchased a business account accidentally when it’s just me and I don’t need 3 licenses. I need a refund because my account is back to Basic it’s showing that the money is still going to be taken out of my account.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @Aloutz; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

In your case, I'd suggest contacting our support team directly so we can assist further if you can' resolve this via your bank. 

Just make sure to use an incognito window and when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?