cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

floryzellobos
Explorer | Level 3

Hi my daughter accidentally activated dropbox.. I spoke with a customer service rep through chat from the dropbox chat amd she said that trial account was already cancelled unfortunately just this morming philippine time dropbox took ₱629.00 from my ewallet gcash.. Please someone help me refind the amount..

3 Replies 3

Re: Refund

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @floryzellobos, thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

Do you happen to have a ticket ID for your support interaction with us?

Also, did your daughter upgrade the account through our website or via an app store on a mobile device?

Keep me posted with your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

floryzellobos
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter.. Thank you for your reply and I hope you can help me.. This is what happen.. My daughter is using my sister in law's tablet.. Google play was connected to my sister in law's email.. My daughter said that it she just hit yes and yes button to every pop up because she wamts to get rid of the page..

Dropbox account was activated.. There were several attepmts of processing the payment and it was not able to go through at first because i dont have sufficient funds. I contacted dropbox chat and spoke to Kandy and she said that there was no paymemt taken yet and she already cancelled the upgrade and assure that there will be no charges.. Then the next day I received a notification from my ewallet (gcash) that a paymemt went through for ₱629.00 i checked my ewallet and yes it was able to go through because my salary was credited to my ewallet and dropbox automatically deducted the ₱629.00

Google play that was used for payment is under my sister in law's name and the paymemt that was taken out was from the ewallet under my name that was accidentally added to the google play account.. Please help me get my money back.. It is my salary and willbe use for my home expenses.. I can send you screenshots of the google play account and the details about the tramsaction..

Ticketnumber: 12625327

Mark
Super User II

As it was GooglePlay @floryzellobos you need to contact Google - Dropbox cannot do anything about it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    floryzellobos Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?