cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regain Old Email Address?

Regain Old Email Address?

Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I was trying to un-merge my university email account with my personal email, and have the email addresses associated with the two of them be swapped over. However, when I un-merged my accounts, my account associated with the email address [personal information removed as per Community Guidelines] was somehow deleted, and I have no way of creating a new account with that same email. Is there anyway I can possibly use this email address to create an account again?

5 Replies 5

Re: Regain Old Email Address?

Dropboxer

Hi there @jabbaricyrus, thanks for posting your question here. 

If you deleted the account and the email address itself is still active, you should be able to create a new one. 

However, please remember that it'll be a completely new one and the files that were previously stored there won't be available. 

Give it a go and let me know if you have any trouble along the way. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

I've tried creating a new account with the same email, but it instead gives me this message:

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.03.17 AM.jpg.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot, @jabbaricyrus

In that case, could you reach out to our team from this link, using an incognito window (without being signed in). 

Once you do that, could you let me know its ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can look into this for you?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Sure thing, but once I go to that link in an incognito window, where do I go to reach out to your team? How do I get the ID? What is the ID for, and how do I let you know about it? By sharing it with you here?

Dropboxer
Once you click on the link, just fill out the information it asks for at the very end and it'll submit a ticket to our team. 

The ID that'll be associated with that ticket is there for us to be able to locate your request. 

When you have it, just let me know the number and we'll go from there. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?