cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regaining access to my Dropbox-Account

Highlighted

Regaining access to my Dropbox-Account

Explorer | Level 3

sHey guys, 

I have a problem and i hope someone can help.... 

I have a dropbox account that i have been using for a lot of years now... I still know the password, but it tells me i have to re-new it....

Back then i registered with the e-mail adress, from my school. After i finished school, i let all the e-mails be automatically sent to my new e-mail, so that i don't have to check the old e-mail, but can access the messages.... Now a few months ago, they shut down the old e-mail service and all accounts were closed for good - so it'S not that i can not access it, IT DOES NOT EXIST anymore...

One thing that could maybe help: i think i linked my new e-mail as "safety/reset-email" and (maybe) my (current) phone number... But i don't know how i can use this... as it just let's me send the password-renewal-email to my "main-e-mail-account"...

Pls help me... I got all my photos and memories of my school time on there....

PS: I can also prove, that all the e-mails for the dropbox account have been furthered to THIS ONE, that i am using to write this message...

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Regaining access to my Dropbox-Account

Dropboxer

Hi there @Reginice; thanks for joining our Community. 

I understand this situation is not ideal and I'd like to help as much as possible.

To do so, can you clarify if your password was expired by us by any chance?

In that case, have you tried the steps mentioned in this Help Center article to see if they help?

Let me know how it goes! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes! The password is "expired" - so i know my password and the e-mail... I just can not use it, to log in cause it is expired. 

The Problem, that i described is that the e-mail does not exist any more. I wanted to change it, but i cannot acces the account... 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Reginice, did you try any of the other steps in the previous article for expired passwords when you don't have access to the email?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes... But i am not logged in on any device... 

Please help me... I know the password and everything that is on there. There must be a chance to regain these photos :(

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Reginice, you can contact our team to have a better look into this with you, from this link, using an incognito window, although we can't guarantee much.

Once you send them a ticket (eg. #1234567) you can get back to us here with the ID to pass your comments along. 

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?