cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove contacts added by university account

Remove contacts added by university account

F6ba0
Explorer | Level 4

Since using Dropbox Paper I have noticed the entire address book of the university I was a student at a few years ago has been added to my contacts list.

I am no longer a student there and I wish to remove all of these contacts from my Dropbox account, as I do not want to accidentally send one of them an edit request or whatever.

The only link I can think of is the free space program that required me to add my university email to my Dropbox account, this program has long since passed and the address has been disconnected.

How can I remove these unwanted contacts?

8 Replies 8

Re: Remove contacts added by university account

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @F6ba0, I hope you're doing well today!

You can check out how to remove contacts from your account here, whether they were added manually or imported from your email account.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pe-pigf
Explorer | Level 4

I have this issue too. The university contacts don't count as manually added contacts so I can't delete them that way. There's nothing in connected apps. And my account does not appear to be a member of any teams or groups. So the help page doesn't help.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Pe-pigf, are you certain that there isn't a connected email service on that page?

Generally, if a contact appears in your email account, then it would appear on Dropbox if the two are connected.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pe-pigf
Explorer | Level 4

Is this where connected email accounts appear?

Screenshot 2021-01-27 142007.png

Jay
Dropboxer
Yes, they should appear there, though it seems that there are no connected accounts.

Are you still a member of those Paper docs, or perhaps in shared folders with those users?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

F6ba0
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone,

Nice to see this issue is getting some traction, I still have the same problem as well. The paper docs were never shared with the university, in my case, my university account had been disabled even before the release of Dropbox Paper.

There were never any shared folders with any users in that university. The one and only link of the accounts is the space action a long time ago.

Pe-pigf
Explorer | Level 4

I've never used Paper and I've certainly never had a shared folder with anybody I went to university with. When I signed up for the Campus Cup in 2015 I had to use my university email to verify I was a student. The verification email says:

"When you join Campus Cup, your school email... will be tied to your Dropbox email... This means that people at [university] participating in Campus Cup will automatically see your school email address in their Dropbox contacts."

Jay
Dropboxer
We appreciate the feedback on this matter.

If it isn't possible to remove the contacts manually using the steps by my colleague, then they must have been added to your account when you were a member of the Campus Cup.

If you wish, to remove these emails, you can suggest this as an idea for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Pe-pigf Explorer | Level 4
    F6ba0 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?