cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Removing email addresses from Dropbox "address book"

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

How do you remove email choices that Dropbox serves up when you start typing in a name when you are going to share a file/folder? I have erroneous email addresses that I'd love to remove from that list.

16 Replies 16
Highlighted

Re: Removing email addresses from Dropbox "address book"

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

no function exists for this.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Awesome.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

This would be great, but unfortunately, that button appears to be broken.  I just tried it.  I did disconnect my linked address books, but my previous recipients still show up when I try to share a link.  I'm almost certain there is a bug wherein it doesn't seem to be deleting cached previous recipients.

Also, once you've clicked that button once, it doesn't show up again.

Highlighted

Deleting Old and Invalid email address from the address book

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Is there a way to delete old and invalid email addresses form the address book it becomes very confusing when people change their email address and you end up with multiple addresses popping up for them.

Highlighted

Re: Deleting Old and Invalid email address from the address book

Explorer | Level 4

I'm having this same problem and am getting NO HELP from Dropbox Support.  I've even sent them a screen shot of 3 email addresses that are no longer valid.   Some of my Team Members are starting to complain about this also, and as the Admin, they're coming to me with their complaints.

This is becoming unacceptable.  I'm currently searching for another alternative to DropBox.  

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I, and several Team members, are having this same issue.  As the Admin, I'm the one they're complaining to.   I'm getting nowhere with DropBox Support.   This is so basic - I can't believe Support can't fix this. 

It's unacceptable and I will be approaching my superiors about finding an alternative to DropBox. 

Highlighted

Re: Deleting Old and Invalid email address from the address book

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating that there isnt anyone that can help with a solution to this problem.  If anyone fines a solution or an alternative to Dropbox, please share.  Thank you.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Has Dropbox solved the problem Re: deleting or editing auto corrected address entries? I note some conversation about this issue in 2016 but I don't see anything indicating that an actual fix was found. I have an email address in my addressees which is identified with an incorrect name. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?