cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing email addresses from Dropbox "address book"

Re: Removing email addresses from Dropbox "address book"

James N.17
New member | Level 2

So still no fix for this?

Please?

Re: Deleting Old and Invalid email address from the address book

James N.17
New member | Level 2

Still no fix for this?

Please?

kaleim
New member | Level 2

I can't believe this is still an issue in 2018. This is still a problem as of today, and my complaints to Dropbox support have resulted in nothing besides feigned ignorance followed by a fake apology.

Our business e-mails clients links all the time, and the fact that I can't add/delete e-mail addresses is enough to convince me that we need to find a better solution. I wish they would focus on improving the service instead of treading water.

jmercer
Explorer | Level 4

In the past I've gotten the BS answer that it was my browser.  I have no linked address books, these are addresses that I typed in myself over the years.  I can't delete obsolete or invalid email addresses even with the PAID version of dropbox.  My IT consultant is constantly after me to switch to another cloud storage, one with better security.  I've balked in the past, but this issue, believe it or not, is a big deal with some of my foremen out in the field.  They are not very computer literate - they build buildings.  So anything to make it easier for them is appreciated.  They've mistakenly sent "Share" invites to the wrong people because of this issue that DROPBOX REFUSES TO FIX.  It'll be discussed at our 2nd Quarter financial meeting.

kaleim
New member | Level 2

I find myself nodding repeatedly as I'm reading your response. I am also using Dropbox for Business and I'm amazed that this issue has gone unaddressed for so long.

You might want to look into Sharefile. It has its issues, but the address book is definitely updateable. Unfortunately Sharefile also has its issues (their mobile app is not as nice as Dropbox), but it may work better for your company's purposes.

jmercer
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks!  Sharefile is actually on the list of cloud storage that my IT consultant has given me.  We'll be looking for alternatives that are easy to use (for our field personnel) and have a decent level of security. 

If DropBox would just fix this very fixable issue, this wouldn't be an issue!

david u.4
Helpful | Level 5

Please fix this problem, already. What do we have to do?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

david u.4 Helpful | Level 5
    jmercer Explorer | Level 4
    kaleim New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?