cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Renew manually and VAT number in the invoice

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have dropbox pro and I want to renew my subscription before it expires so there is not any day without my data syncd. How to do this via bank transfer?

Also I would like to have my VAT number in the invoice, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Renew manually and VAT number in the invoice

Super User II
Super User II

Try this one. It seems they've changed the above link a bit...

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

As this is an account/billing related matter, you'll need to contact Support for assistance.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Also, I don't believe it's possible to have the VAT number added to a non-Business invoice (and I mean Dropbox for Business, not just any account used for business purposes). This is something that has been requested many times and it's always stated that the invoice cannot be changed.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have no idea how to contact Support. Your link leads me to a page to submit a ticket and no place where to write the ticket. I don't understand how it is so difficult to contact client support (and I am a paying user). Any help? Thanks
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Try this one. It seems they've changed the above link a bit...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Please note as well that it is not possible to alter invoices according to help topics. You can add a VAT number to Business accounts only as per https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/vat-id

This is due to Plus subscriptions being deemed a 'none business' (i.e. home user) product.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Everyone in Portugal has a fiscal number and the invoices should have this number written so that they can be deductible. Not just businesses. It is a legal requirement and Dropbox is simply not following the law here. Thank you anyway. for the help.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

They will tell you that they are following the law for which they are trading I'm afraid (which is Ireland). Therefore thats the rules they need to follow.

As Rich has said you can track your ticket at ZenDesk but they wont be able to change the invoice for legal reasons.

Also I assume that only business purchases and receipts has this information on (every purchase for home wont). So again Plus doesnt count as its aimed at the consumer market. Business Customers, as per the links, have the options of adding information if needed.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Mark
"This is due to Plus subscriptions being deemed a 'none business' (i.e. home user) product."
"So again Plus doesnt count as its aimed at the consumer market. Business Customers, as per the links, have the options of adding information if needed."

That's what Dropbox claims. It has no legitimacy at all.

This a totally unfair and illegal practice. Dropbox can't state which plan they charge VAT and which plan they don't. Regarding the EU VAT b2b rules, they shouldn't charge VAT to non-Irish EU business customers. Period. Naming their plan 'Business' has strictly nothing to do with the rules and the law, only a commercial and marketing purpose.

From Irish Revenue site:
'Supply of services to a business (B2B)
For supplies of business to business services (B2B), the place of supply is the place where the business receiving the services is established.
Irish suppliers will not normally charge Irish VAT on services to a business established outside Ireland. Instead, the business customer will self account for the VAT in their State.'

And:
'VAT obligations of Irish traders supplying services to business customers abroad
If you are supplying services to a business customer in another European Union (EU) Member State you should do the following:

• obtain the business customer’s Value-Added Tax (VAT) number and confirm its validity
  • insert the customer’s VAT number on the invoice and retain records of the transaction
  • issue an invoice indicating reverse charge will apply
  • obtain a letter from the tax authorities if a business customer is a new business and a VAT number is not available'

Here's the law. Dropbox doesn't conform to the law. Period.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?