cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Dropbox Tech Support & Billing to call me

Request for Dropbox Tech Support & Billing to call me

kiversen
New member | Level 2

Good Afternoon: 

Can someone from the Dropbox Team please call me? 

I'm Karen I. w/AllianceChicago, and I previously had a Dropbox Acct that was cancelled in August of 2020; however, I do still see that my files are here. Could I setup 30 minutes w/someone (I'm on CT) and my IT Team to ensure that either I am deleting my account properly? We stopped payment but I can still get into my account, and still access my files. I want to ensure that this acct is deleted. In have tried to get a hold of Dropbox Customer Service By: 

1) Typing in the Chat Bot and 

2) Trying to select "help > phone" in the Admin Console, but I don't have one - so my next step is to go to the community. 

<SNIP>

3 Replies 3

Re: Request for Dropbox Tech Support & Billing to call me

Mark
Super User II

Yikes!! Never ever put a phone number on a public forum @kiversen - Dropbox isnt going to call you (sorry) they do not do phone support unless you call them as a current, paying, Business customer. 

All your support options relate to the plan you have now and are at www.dropbox.com/account.

However, to delete your account just follow the help centre guide: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/create-delete/delete-account 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kiversen
New member | Level 2

It's unfortunate that Dropbox won't call me, as I've been a long term customer and want to ensure that the acct and its data have been fully wiped. Can someone please reach out to me? Karen

Rich
Super User II

@kiversen wrote:

Can someone please reach out to me? Karen

As @Mark mentioned, the support options currently available to you are listed on the Support page. If you don't have a current Business account, then phone support is simply not an option.

Have you followed the help article that Mark linked to? It's very easy to delete your own account, which will result in all of your files being deleted as well. Alternatively, if you don't sign in to your account for a year, the account and all files will be deleted due to inactivity.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    kiversen New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?