cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Email - there was a typo in the email when the account was created, what can I do?

Reset Email - there was a typo in the email when the account was created, what can I do?

stevielittle
New member | Level 2

Hi. When I signed up for DropBox I accidentally typed my email in wrong. Now, I need to get a link that someone shared with me to the correctly typed out email. I go to settings, try to edit my email, but it says I need a password to reset the email... It tells me it's going to send the password reset email to the email address that is typed out wrong. How do I fix this? Is there a customer service phone line? The chat bot has no idea what I'm talking about. 

Thank you! 

1 Reply 1

Re: Reset Email

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid you will probably find it easier to set up a new account as Dropbox have repeatedly said they wont alter emails of accounts who they cannot get email verification of - especially if you are a free user.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?