cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore my subscription

Highlighted
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I had to delete my Plus account because of some reasons but never gor a refund. 

I created the new account under the same e-mail and would like my annual Plus  subscription to be restored... how do I do that? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Restore my subscription

Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Support team so we can assist further @riopalmares.

Just use an incognito window without signing into any account. 

From there, while on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @riopalmares; welcome to our Community!

I'm not sure what happened; could you let us know some additional information about this? Were you in contact with our Support team about the refund you mentioned? 

On a side note, did you upgrade the account though our website or the app store on a mobile device? 

At this point, since your account is a new one, probably on the Basic plan, I'm afraid you'll need to re-upgrade your account to the desired plan. 

Keep me posted anyhow!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I didn’t ask for refund from support team initially, thought it would be automatic but apparently I was wrong. I purchased annual plus membership via website.
My account is new with Basic plan, that’s correct.
Do you mean I have to pay for Plus membership one more time?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

So, just to make sure I got this right, did you get a message that you'll receive a refund upon cancelling your subscription @riopalmares?

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I don’t recall any messages from Dropbox about refund. This is one of the reasons I started this thread - I would like to get a refund or reapply my plus subscription to my new account
Highlighted

Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Support team so we can assist further @riopalmares.

Just use an incognito window without signing into any account. 

From there, while on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps!

Walter

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Can't get a refund

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I had Plus account which I decided to delete at one point. 

I changed my mind and created free account some time after it under the same email address. 

I wrote to Dropbox support but didn't get any answer if my Plus subscription can be restored or refunded.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there again @riopalmares; how are you today?

I just merged your new post under your original one to keep things neat in our Community.

Following our previous conversation, could you please let me know your ticket's ID? In case you did log a ticket with our support team following my previous suggestion here that is. 

Thanks!

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

The support ticket system is a bit confusing since it says ticket is closed but I didn't get any response. Ticket number is 11508821

Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I see; thanks for the update @riopalmares.

As that ticket is closed, I have just sent you an email to the address that's connected to your Community's profile so we can have a better look into this together.

Let me know if you haven't received it. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?