cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving and old drop box account

Highlighted

Retrieving and old drop box account

New member | Level 2

How do I get an old dropbox with an old email address recovered or linked to my current email address

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Retrieving and old drop box account

Super User II

@Daryl D wrote:

How do I get an old dropbox with an old email address recovered or linked to my current email address

If the account has been inactive for over a year then it would have been deleted. If the account wasn't deleted for inactivity, you can sign into it using the old email address and password. If you still have access to the email account, you can reset the password if needed so you can sign in.

If you aren't able to sign into the account and you no longer have access to the email address associated with it, then there's no way to recover the account.

Highlighted

Re: Retrieving and old drop box account

New member | Level 2

Thank you. I will have to give your recommendations a try. The old account may be a year old or more but at least I have something to try.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?