cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Dropbox account has vanished

Second Dropbox account has vanished

CT27
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

I used to have a personal dropbox account and one using another account that I used to share files with colleagues. My primary personal account is still functioning fine, but the other account has just vanished and is not even on my computer anymore. It had important shared documents on it and I cannot find anything in my emails from Dropbox or online to find out how to recover it. Please can someone assist me with this, I have always trusted Dropbox but this random removal of my one account has made me doubt that I should stay with Dropbox.

Thanks for you assistance,

Carla

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You should be able to just log in to it at www.dropbox.com/home

My guess is that the ending of Free Teams has caused them to unlink on your device. The second account is still there and active you just need to log in to it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You should be able to just log in to it at www.dropbox.com/home

My guess is that the ending of Free Teams has caused them to unlink on your device. The second account is still there and active you just need to log in to it 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CT27
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dear @Mark ,

Thank you so much. I tried it and found my other files - what a relief! I was thrown when I couldn't find the usual 'switch between accounts' option and was worried about having lost all those folders.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and solve my problem.

Warmest,

Carla

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CT27 Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?