cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing with my collegues

Highlighted

Sharing with my collegues

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I recently created a Dropbox account to share documents with my collegues at company.

Rather than asking for documents again and again, and sending e-mails to each other, Dropbox was much more efficient.

I was the one who created the shared folder, and I invited my collegues to the folder.

After using it for several months, the space became a problem : the space was only 2GB.

So I upgraded my account to 1TB, thinking that since I am the one who created the folder, the problem would be solved.

But for my collegues, it keeps saying that the space of 2GB is full.

My account says that the space if 1 TB, so that there are so much more space left.

We are looking at the same folder, and yet the space is different.

Is there any way that I can solve this problem?

Please help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sharing with my collegues

Dropboxer

In general, the space of your account is calculated based on its total contents, which includes shared folders. Since, every member of a shared folder can add and modify the files in it, it takes up space in each member's account. This policy exists to prevent people from giving themselves unlimited space by stacking Basic accounts and shared folders.

You can have a look at how much space is taken up by regular and shared content, as well as how much is available by navigating to your Plan tab

If you'd like to share a folder without impacting the recipient's quota and you’d just like them to have access to it without editing the files, you can share a link to the folder.

Furthermore, if you'd like others to upload files to your account without impacting their storage, you can send a file request.

I hope this helped to some extent. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Sharing with my collegues

Dropboxer

In general, the space of your account is calculated based on its total contents, which includes shared folders. Since, every member of a shared folder can add and modify the files in it, it takes up space in each member's account. This policy exists to prevent people from giving themselves unlimited space by stacking Basic accounts and shared folders.

You can have a look at how much space is taken up by regular and shared content, as well as how much is available by navigating to your Plan tab

If you'd like to share a folder without impacting the recipient's quota and you’d just like them to have access to it without editing the files, you can share a link to the folder.

Furthermore, if you'd like others to upload files to your account without impacting their storage, you can send a file request.

I hope this helped to some extent. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?