cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in with Apple not working

Highlighted

Sign in with Apple not working

Not applicable

I set up Sign in with Apple and the emails are not being forwarded. How do I fix this?

15 Replies 15
Highlighted

Re: Sign in with Apple not working

Dropboxer

Hi there @anonymous, I hope you had a great weekend!

When you mention that emails are not being forwarded, can you just let me know which emails you're having trouble receiving?

Would this be along the lines of the account verification email, or notifications?

If you haven't already, could you check in your spam/junk inbox to see if they are being mistakenly directed there?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Not applicable
I'm trying to delete my account, but the password reset email does not arrive. Checked junk, but it's still not there. This is a hidden third party email address which I used with my Apple ID.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @anonymous!

It looks like you are currently using a relay address which happens when you create a new Dropbox account on an iOS device, using the Sign in with Apple button, and then at sign up choosing the option "Hide my Email address".

While Apple will relay any messages sent to the address listed on your Dropbox account back to your real one, the one provided on your Dropbox account may appear unknown or in a strange format.

Updating your email address from the @privaterelay.appleid.com address to your real one is quick and simple. 

On https://www.dropbox.com/account:
1. Select ‘edit’ beside Personal email
2. Add your actual email address
3. Select ‘Update email’
4. You will receive a verification email to that address. Please click the link in it.

Once your address is updated, then you will see the expected address within Dropbox. This will not affect your ability to use the Sign in with Apple feature.

Give this a go when you get the chance and report back with your findings. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Not applicable
Thanks. Eventually, the password reset email was sent. I deleted my dropbox account and now sign in with Apple gives me the account disabled message. Is there an alternative ways to fix this? I tried re-creating the account with this generated email and Sign in with Apple still gcves me the account disabled message.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me with this piece of information @anonymous!

Could you post a screenshot of the exact message you get omitting any personal information?

Otherwise, you can log a ticket with our support team so we can look into this further if you like. 

In any case, thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Same Problem here...

I tried to use "Sign in with Apple" on my iPhone but accidentally I created a new Dropbox-account with an apple-relay-adress instead of logging in with my existing Dropbox account. I deleted the new Dropbox account with the relay-adress and tried to sign in with Apple again with my normal Apple-ID (it was the same mailadress as in my Dropbox account) but it didn´t work. I always got the message from Dropbox that the account is deactivated.

I realized, that Apple is always trying to use the relay-adress to log in. Next step I changed my mailadress in my Dropbox account to this relay-adress, hoping it might work. But I am always getting the message, that the Dropbox account is deactivated.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Koenipa; thanks for joining our discussion.

It looks like you are currently using a relay address. This happens when you create a new Dropbox account on an iOS device, using the Sign in with Apple button, and then at sign up choosing the option "Hide my Email address".

While Apple will relay any messages sent to the address listed on your Dropbox account back to your real one, the one provided on your Dropbox account may appear unknown or in a strange format.

Updating your email address from the @privaterelay.appleid.com address to your real one is quick and simple.

On https://www.dropbox.com/account:
1. Select ‘edit’ beside Personal email
2. Add your actual email address
3. Select ‘Update email’
4. You will receive a verification email to that address. Please click the link in it.

Once your address is updated, then you will see the expected address within Dropbox. This will not affect your ability to use the Sign in with Apple feature.

If that doesn't help improve matters, on your iOS device follow these steps to reset the way Dropbox works with your Apple ID:

1. Go to Settings

2. Tap on “Password & Accounts”

3. Tap on “iCloud”

4. Tap on your name and email at the top

5. Tap on “Password & Security”

6. Tap on “Apps Using Your Apple ID”

7. Tap on “Dropbox”

8. Select Stop Using Apple ID

You should now be able to again attempt to sign up, using the Sign in with Apple button on the app should you wish to. 

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I tried this already. Doesn’t work. Next time I try to Sign In with Apple I receive the message again, that the Dropbox account is deactivated.
Can you delete this second account completely, so that the relay address can work again?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @Koenipa!

I'm afraid we won't be able to help with this since, for security purposes, we ask that users cancel and delete their own accounts while if you are on a team or Business account, you'd need to contact your Admin in order to disable your account. 

I wish I had more to offer on this one 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?