Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So basically, I assign drobox file to save to Seagate storage device ( I have tried even small files

Markynwa New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

So basically, I assign drobox file to save to Seagate storage device ( I have tried even small files 1meg ) so it’s not a space issue . My Dropbox has 1 TB storage of which I am using 3% and my Mac has 32Gig space so not sure the issue . But as per attachment keeps showing this message . I have also tried downloading file to my MAC downloads and then when I try drag file into Seagate device it won’t accept the file . So not sure what the issue is ? kenos saying failed insufficient permissions

1 Reply 1

Re: So basically, I assign drobox file to save to Seagate storage device ( I have tried even small f

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @Markynwa - sorry to hear about this.  

Could you clarify whether you're copying or moving files to your Seagate drive or if you're just trying to move your Dropbox folder to this drive? What does the app state at the moment

While we're at it, can you send me a screenshot of the exact error message you get along with all the steps you take to do this so we can investigate further? 

Thanks!

PS: I don't know if you're familiar with this, but, Selective Sync is a feature that allows you to choose which folders to sync to a particular computer and i's a great option if you'd like to free up disk space. Should you need more info about it, please take a look at the following Help Center article: 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?