cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my wedding photos are in my old email and I need help accessing them

Highlighted

Some of my wedding photos are in my old email and I need help accessing them

New member | Level 2

Does this company actually have customer service? I have an old email that my wedding files are in and I cannot get into it cannot find any way to contact a person.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Some of my wedding photos are in my old email and I need help accessing them

Dropboxer

Hello @Esutor2, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community. 

Your support options depend on what kind of account you have, and you can find yours by going to this link.

However, I'd be more than happy to help you out on this here. 

I'll just need a bit more information so as to have a better understanding, such as:

• Do you have access to that email address?
  • Do you remember the relevant credentials associated with that Dropbox account? 
  • If you do remember them, do you get any specific error message when you enter them? 
  • Were the files you're looking for sent to your via a shared folder or a shared link?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Some of my wedding photos are in my old email and I need help accessing them

New member | Level 2
I do not have access to the email any longer. I cannot remember the password to get in I’ve tried several and it says it doesn’t work. The wedding pictures were sent to me from Hawaii I believe through a link.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Esutor2. 

If you can't access your email address and don't remember your password, the easiest way to regain access to the Dropbox account would be via a connected device.

You can have a look at this article that lists a few suggestions on how you can regain access to your account when you've lost access to the associated email.

As for the content in question, if it was:

• Sent to you via a shared link, then you don't need access to your account. 
  • A notification that redirected you to it through a shared folder, then you would need to access your Dropbox account. 

Having said that, could you let me know exactly what happens when you try to open the link? 

If you could send me a screenshot of what you do see (along with any error messages), then that would be very helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?