cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space error notifications

Space error notifications

lobonz
Explorer | Level 3

This is not a solution why is it marked as such it just wastes my time

5 Replies 5

Re: Space error notifications

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @lobonz - sorry to hear about your space issue.

Would you mind sharing a little more information about what is troubling you? Share a screenshot as well, so as to have a better understanding of the situation maybe? 

Note that I moved your post to a new thread so as to keep things neat. You can see the original at any given moment here

Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lobonz
Explorer | Level 3

The issue is that Drop box is saying I dont have enough disk space but I have plenty.

Our IT copied my hard drive to a new one and installed with the same drive letter but seemd to annoy dropbox.

Clearing the cache and reinstalling has not helped.

DropBoxSpaceIssue.png

Also this Delete Warning keeps popping up even though it has been Cancelled numerous times.
DropBoxDeleteWindowPoppingUp.png

I would have lived with the Disk Space issue as Im really too busy to resolve however the pop up is really annoying.

I have 37GB so Ideally dont want to completely remove and reinstall.

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @lobonz - you need to manually move the Dropbox Folder after the installation goes through and for this process to be completed unseamingly and without such conflicts or errors, I'd recommend using these steps. 

If this does not help, you're probably in for an advanced re-install

In regards to the notification you mentioned, refer to this thread where this has been extensively described by my colleague Samer:

@samertm wrote:

After thinking about whether pressing "Cancel" should apply the "Don't show again" checkbox, the team decided against it because they don't want to confuse people by updating their settings when they click "Cancel". If you have any feedback about that, let me know and I'll forward it on to them.

I hope this information helps and keep me posted. Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lobonz
Explorer | Level 3

The move diddnt work so looks like an advanced re install.

Coupled with having to read through another forum thread I think a complete delete resync is the less time consuming option as I have plenty of bandwidth.

Thanks for your help but I have already wasted too much time on this.

Walter
Dropboxer

I totally understand time is of essence @lobonz - sorry to hear you weren't able to move your Dropbox Folder.  An advanced reinstall should fix your space errors, should you decide to move forward with this option after all. 

Thanks for finding the chance to get back to me - I appreciate it. If there's anything I can do from my end to be of further assistance, do let me know and enjoy the rest of your day!

Cheers! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    lobonz Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?