Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Storage full on other's dropboxes

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm a student and work for several different researchers. I collect data and upload it to their paid dropboxes. However I've hit my 2gb cap (my last upload was 20gb..). Is their a way for me to upload data to their folders, without using the storage on my dropbox account, but still be able to manipulate the files? I can't afford to upgrade.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Storage full on other's dropboxes

Super User II
Super User II

ilodge wrote:

Is their a way for me to upload data to their folders, without using the storage on my dropbox account, but still be able to manipulate the files?

No, there isn't. They could send you a File Request which would allow you to upload files to their account without impacting your storage, but you wouldn't be able to access the files after uploading.

The only way to be able to edit files in a shared folder is if you're a member of the folder, and a shared folder will take up space in your account.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Storage full on other's dropboxes

Super User II
Super User II

ilodge wrote:

Is their a way for me to upload data to their folders, without using the storage on my dropbox account, but still be able to manipulate the files?

No, there isn't. They could send you a File Request which would allow you to upload files to their account without impacting your storage, but you wouldn't be able to access the files after uploading.

The only way to be able to edit files in a shared folder is if you're a member of the folder, and a shared folder will take up space in your account.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?