cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage issue even after deleting files

Highlighted

Storage issue even after deleting files

New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox basic plan with 4.5 Gb and it says I am over storage. Logged onto my dropox account in my browser, I deleted personal folders and storage for the remaining dropbox files on my computer is 2.2 Gb, way under 4.5.  Logged onto my dropox account in my browser, I also saw several "shared" folders and deleted all of those and now I am even more over my storage limit! was at ~6 Gb before deleting shared folder, now am at ~8 Gb. Dropbox helps tells me that deleted folders don't count against my total storage limit, yet it seems that they do? Sync on my computer has been going for days with no resolution, still a red X symbol. How do I resolve this? The only addional thing I can think of is to to delete dropbox app from 3 devices where I use it, then ensure storage is less than my quota in my dropbox account in browser, then reinstall on my devices?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Storage issue even after deleting files

Dropboxer

Hi @Mrobles71, thanks for messaging today!

When you delete files from the Dropbox site, the quota should immediately reflect the change. The deleted files page doesn't take up any of your quota, so it must be taken up elsewhere.

If you're still experiencing issues with quota, could you check the breakdown between your private and shared folders from this page?

Also, try calculating folder sizes to see if any folders are using more than expected.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?