cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage reduction

Storage reduction

mpb65
Explorer | Level 4

Password change and after my storage was reduced and said full? I just have the free basic but depend on it at certain times. 2 pc, and 1 phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Storage reduction

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @mpb65, it sounds like you've enabled the computer backup option. This doesn't increase your quota limit, and these files do take up your existing quota, which is why your account could be full.

Could you try using these steps to disable the feature and move the files back to their default location?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @mpb65, welcome to our community! 

A password change would not cause any changes to your account’s space. Is it possible that you have another Dropbox account? 

Let me know more about the situation, what exact steps you took, and what device you did this on, and we’ll see if we can’t figure this out together. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mpb65
Explorer | Level 4
Hello Sanquez, and thank you for your time. I was requested to change password and I did. I have 2 computers and 1 phone with dropbox. Dropbox sent me an updated version which ask me what and where to have my files installed to. Options were:
1 Desktop, 2 Documents, 3 Downloads.
I chose 2 & 3. That may of doubled my storage amount. I only use the free version with 3.5mb. I know this company main objective is to get customers to use paid versions. Did allowing dropbox to use 2 of my folders on each of my computers to double my data amount? Thank you so much for your help.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @mpb65, it sounds like you've enabled the computer backup option. This doesn't increase your quota limit, and these files do take up your existing quota, which is why your account could be full.

Could you try using these steps to disable the feature and move the files back to their default location?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

mpb65
Explorer | Level 4
Hello, and thanks for the time of your answers to my problem. I uninstalled dropbox then reinstalled it. I remembered that I previously chose to backup both documents and downloads. I now only did documents. Downloads was putting me over my limit. I think I'm good now. Thanks

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, @mpb65, glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?