cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Dropbox Business TRIAL to purchase Professional

Highlighted

Switch Dropbox Business TRIAL to purchase Professional

New member | Level 2

I have always been a personal dropbox suscriber but recently I wanted to trial the 'selective sync' function and so I upgraded to a higher subscription.

Through too many quick clicks- I somehow ended up on a Dropbox Business trial and I have 5 days until my trial expires.  

I see I can have selective sync access if I purchase the Professional plan, but the only option I can now access through my account are 2x Business options?  Computer is saying no and I can no longer login in to my 'personal' dropbox.  I'm stuck in a loop?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Switch Dropbox Business TRIAL to purchase Professional

Dropboxer
Hey @LozM, please bear in mind that our Selective Sync feature is available on all our plans (i.e. all our users can access it irrespective of their subscription), so I’m wondering if you’re referring to Smart Sync instead ☁️. 

When it comes to your payment-specific inquiry, it would be worth noting that your Professional plan should run in the background uninterrupted during your Dropbox Business trial, though to further determine the best next steps for you & because we can only look into payment-specific inquiries through our Official Support channel (i.e. we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum), I’ve made sure to reach out to you on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you more closely. I hope that this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on our email correspondence. Thanks!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @LozM, please bear in mind that our Selective Sync feature is available on all our plans (i.e. all our users can access it irrespective of their subscription), so I’m wondering if you’re referring to Smart Sync instead ☁️. 

When it comes to your payment-specific inquiry, it would be worth noting that your Professional plan should run in the background uninterrupted during your Dropbox Business trial, though to further determine the best next steps for you & because we can only look into payment-specific inquiries through our Official Support channel (i.e. we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Forum), I’ve made sure to reach out to you on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you more closely. I hope that this is helpful to you & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on our email correspondence. Thanks!  

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I"m having a similar issue - I've been a member for 2 years... and the business trial had been pushed a lot and I thought I would try it - specifically for the smart sync. BUT I'm not a business and don't need 3 licenses. The trial will end soon and I want to upgrade to professional to get the smart sync but I can't work out how to do this? There are the only two business options available. I don't want to pay over $1000 annually (hey I don't have 1K to pay!) if I'm just one person!!!!!

HELP!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there (@piastrijeanette), while your inquiry is slightly different than the one posted previously, let me quickly touch upon Dropbox Business team accounts (which are intended for collaborative use) where it would be worth mentioning that each account comes with a minimum of 3 seats. In case you’d merely like to try out our Business features to get a better grasp of the service, though you’re more interested in switching to an individual account, you could cancel your trial’s renewal & re-upgrade to your preferred plan anew. 

Let me know here how my advice works for you & I’ll make sure to get back in touch asap. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & taking a bit of your time to drop us a line on the Dropbox Forum! 

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I'm a new Dropbox user and accidentally I chose a Business subscription trial. How do I change to a Plus trial/subscritpion? If I cancel my current trail as you mention above, would I lose all my files? Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @kgmv, to rephrase my previous post, you can easily cancel your trial’s renewal thus reverting your account back to its personal status & re-upgrade anew according to your needs through our Plans page. Don’t worry if youyou go above your storage allowance during the transition, as your files should remain on your Dropbox account intact. Nonetheless, syncing will stop on your devices & you won’t be able to add content until you re-upgrade. 

I hope that this answers your payment-specific question & please do let me know on this discussion if you need further assistance or I have misunderstood your query in any way. Thanks for choosing Dropbox! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?