cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Dropbox Professional to Dropbox Plus

Highlighted

Switching from Dropbox Professional to Dropbox Plus

New member | Level 2

My free trial for Drop box professional with 3TB exprires tomorrow Mon 22nd June. 

I'd like to switch to Drop box plus with 2TB but when I click to swich a box comes up saying I'm unable to switch at this time. The same box appears each time I try to switch. 

When I click to cancel drop box professional it says that all I can do is switch to a basic drop box which only procides 5GB and then it points out the thats not enough for me as I have 8GB of data saved. So I'm stuck. 

If there is no solution I'll just have to cancel drop box and go back to google drive. 

Why can't I switch from Drop box professioanl 3TB to Drop box plus 2TB?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Switching from Dropbox Professional to Dropbox Plus

Collaborator | Level 9

You can. You first need to downgrade to a Basic account, and then you will be able to upgrade to the Plus plan.

Quoting the Help Center article:

"

When you downgrade to a Basic account, you won’t lose access to any of your files and folders stored in Dropbox. However, with Basic, you can only add up to 2 GB of files to your account. Also, you can only sync up to 2 GB of files to your computer. So, depending on how much Dropbox storage you were using before, some files might stop syncing and you may not be able to add more files to your Dropbox account.

"

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

E-M Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?