Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching users in app

whateverboring New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have just downloaded the latest version of dropbox and it has loaded up my partners account. I can find no way to log out and sign in myself. I'm sure I must be the first person ever to share a computer with their partner and also want to use dropbox so appreciate this must be an incredibly niche and rare request that will probably require the software to be rebuilt from scratch. Or I'm pretty dumb. Or, why the fnurgen is there not a simple 'log out' and sign in option?

1 Reply 1

Re: Switching users in app

Super User II
Super User II

@whateverboring wrote:

I have just downloaded the latest version of dropbox and it has loaded up my partners account. ... I'm sure I must be the first person ever to share a computer with their partner and also want to use dropbox

You can't use two Dropbox accounts under the same comptuer user account. As Dropbox is intended for a single user, there is no "sign out" option that allows someone else to sign in. Instead, you would need to use a web browser and access yoru account through the Dropbox website, or install your Dropbox account under a separate comptuer user account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?