cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Team Folder Name Appears Before All Other Folders Outside of that Team

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I was invited to a Team Folder and now all of my other folders appear to be a subcategory of that Team.

How can I leave that Team? 

Does everyone on that Team now have access to my other unrelated folders? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Team Folder Name Appears Before All Other Folders Outside of that Team

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @bluemaxx!

From what I understand, you recently accepted an invite to join a Dropbox Business team and when accepting the invite you went with the option to join the team with your existing account - rather than creating a new one. 

If I am not mistaken and this is actually what happened, only your Team's admin can now remove your account from this Dropbox Business team. The best way to do this is to reach out to your admin directly and ask them to convert your Dropbox account back to an individual account.

If you're not sure who the Admin of your team is take a look here please. 

Last but not least, if you are still having issues with this, then by all means go ahead and log a ticket with our support team describing your case - I trust they'd be able to help further with more account specific information and all of their tools available. 

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find. Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @bluemaxx!

From what I understand, you recently accepted an invite to join a Dropbox Business team and when accepting the invite you went with the option to join the team with your existing account - rather than creating a new one. 

If I am not mistaken and this is actually what happened, only your Team's admin can now remove your account from this Dropbox Business team. The best way to do this is to reach out to your admin directly and ask them to convert your Dropbox account back to an individual account.

If you're not sure who the Admin of your team is take a look here please. 

Last but not least, if you are still having issues with this, then by all means go ahead and log a ticket with our support team describing your case - I trust they'd be able to help further with more account specific information and all of their tools available. 

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find. Thank you!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

First, I am very impressed with your rapid response. Thank you.

Second, the information was excellent. I appreciate your level of knowledge.

DropBox should have more information and a prompt explaining each type of account. I had no idea! There was no information or pop-up that warns you. I selected the default because I already had an account and did not need to "open" another account. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Glad to hear the information I provided helped @bluemaxx - I appreciate your swift response too!

I apologize for any confusion this process might have caused and I am passing your comments to the Dropbox Business development team as well for consideration - thank you for this feedback!

If I can help in any other way in the meantime, do let me know.

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?