cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service - how do you speak to a Team Manager or Complaint Handler?

Terrible Customer Service - how do you speak to a Team Manager or Complaint Handler?

Explorer | Level 3

What started as a general enquiry has now become a full blown complaint due to the attitude and response to a Customer Service Advisor. 

When I asked to speak to his supervisor he refused. When I asked for a contact email address from someone within the complaints department he said there wasn't one. 

He said the only way to lodge a complaint was to note it on the ticket. I did and he ended up replying himself to it.

Surely this is wrong????

I've seen other people on this forum have issues and eventually someone from Dropbox sees it, but is that really the best customer service experience? 

Please help! 

5 Replies 5

Re: Terrible Customer Service - how do you speak to a Team Manager or Complaint Handler?

Dropboxer

Hey @JCUK; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear about this.

May I ask for your ticket's ID in order for me to look it up on our system?

If you would also like to elaborate on your initial inquiry, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for your time and feedback too!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Terrible Customer Service - how do you speak to a Team Manager or Complaint Handler?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the delay. 

So are you a complaints handler?

There are several ticket numbers 

The latest, from another Customer Service Advisor Ticket #11749761: Re: Dropbox Support Chat

The previous one from the original Customer Service Advisor is Ticket #11749761: Re: Dropbox Support Chat

I think it would be easier if you read through the initial chat that I had to understand the situation rather than me repeat everything here!

However in short this is the sequence of events:

1) I enquired about my payment plan and asked why Dropbox was not more transparent with payment options when it raised the monthly price. 

2) Due to the response from the Customer Service Advisor I then wanted to speak to their supervisor. 

3) Due to that exchange I wanted to put in a complaint.

4) After descending into a ridiculous situation when the original Customer Service Advisor answered a complaint about himself I came here as a last resort. 

I look forward to getting your thoughts Walter. 

Thank you

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Walter 

Apologies for some reason you weren't tagged on my original reply (which I have copied below)

I look foward to hearing from you soon. 

Kind regards

James 

Hi Walter,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the delay. 

So are you a complaints handler?

There are several ticket numbers 

The latest, from another Customer Service Advisor Ticket #11749761: Re: Dropbox Support Chat

The previous one from the original Customer Service Advisor is Ticket #11749761: Re: Dropbox Support Chat

I think it would be easier if you read through the initial chat that I had to understand the situation rather than me repeat everything here!

However in short this is the sequence of events:

1) I enquired about my payment plan and asked why Dropbox was not more transparent with payment options when it raised the monthly price. 

2) Due to the response from the Customer Service Advisor I then wanted to speak to their supervisor. 

3) Due to that exchange I wanted to put in a complaint.

4) After descending into a ridiculous situation when the original Customer Service Advisor answered a complaint about himself I came here as a last resort. 

I look forward to getting your thoughts Walter. 

Thank you

Super User II

Hi @JCUK 

I do not work for Dropbox, but, have passed it over to the Community Managers team to see if they can escalate it for you. 

Note: it is Christmas so nobody will be in office now until at least Tuesday

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Mark 

Thanks very much for passing this on!

Kind regards

James 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?