cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 20 GB promotion from Dell hasn't been applied to my account

Re: 30 GB promotion on my new Dell but not received.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Ghazalix, I'd be happy to help out with this!

Is it possible that you have redeemed this promotion on this Dropbox account before?

When you check your Plan page here, under the "Earn more space" section you may need to click on "View more earned space" at the bottom of the table to see all promotions and space you've earned.

Do you see any entries related to "Dell" there?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ghazalix
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne, Thank you for offering your help. I am positive I haven't redeemed this promotion or any other promotion before. I've added a screenshot of what my plan page looks like.

Dropbox_plan_view.png

What can I do to receive the 30GB?

Ghazalix
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Maria M, so sorry, I thought I created a new post but apparently I accidently took over your post.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Ghazalix!

No worries about that! To keep things neat and all the relevant troubleshooting in one place, keeping issues of the same topic in one thread is very useful.

Since you mentioned that you were already logged in to the account, can you clarify for me if it was the Basic account that was signed in already or another account?

Also, do you perhaps have another user profile on the device that another person could have signed into Dropbox with?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ghazalix
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Daphne, Thanks for answering. The laptop is brand new and dropbox didn't come preinstalled. I am the only user on the device and I have only this dropbox account. It is correct that I have Dropbox Basic.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @Ghazalix!

We would need to have a look into this in more detail along with some account specific info, which means we'll need to continue through our Support channel.

As this would come under a billing or payments issue, please visit this page via an incognito window (so you're not signed in) and fill in the details under the "Submit a Help Request" section.

For the first option, you can put "not sure" and then add your email address underneath. Once you've done this, please let me know the ticket number that you receive (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up with you there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Re: Dell - Promotion 20 GB

Malgorzata_J
New member | Level 2

Hi! I have problem with Dell promotion (30 GB).

I bought dell computer this week (new one) and today registered new account at dropbox (from dell start-dropbox-app with information about promotion). I finished register my account, but I did not receive 30GB. I only have 2GB. Please, explain why? Yes, I did all steps exacly like in instruction. Please help.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Malgorzata_J, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Since you mention that followed all the relevant steps to redeeming the promotion - awesome work by the way! - could you also make sure that you're signed in with the Dropbox account that should have the additional space?

You can check this by have a look at the email address you logged in with from:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - the Dropbox icon > avatar icon > Preferences > Account tab.
  • Mobile app - the Account tab (iOS) or Settings (Android).

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

pepe5
Explorer | Level 3

I have similar problem. I just bought two computers - 1 acer and I got 25 gb from it, but second was dell and I didn't get any gbs from that. I logged in on boths computers, but there was no word about the promotion. In my account (https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan) it is not mentioned either. But I have never used dell promotion, and I think I should get it. What can I do?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @pepe5, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Could it be that the first time you signed in to that device, you entered a different email address? You can check the email address connected to the account by going to:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - Dropbox icon > avatar icon > Preferences > Account tab.

If it's the same account, could you confirm if you didn't get a prompt to redeem the promotion? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Aliya1 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?