cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Problem that can not be fixed by Dropbox

Highlighted

The Problem that can not be fixed by Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

Lost recovery codes and phone was reset , now can't login (2fa was enabled)

when i login with my password it asks for CODE and i really tired from Dropbox email support, they keeping same text as a bot with a real name

i just lost my recovery codes, i have my account and my phone. why dont you make me reach my Box ?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG2.PNG

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Can't Login Because of

Super User II

You cant log in because you told Dropbox to not let anybody log in unless they had either your phone for a text message or the security codes. 

Without those it is impossible to gain access back to the account.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

"impossible" is not the solution

i can't get code by text message. at the 2nd photo i just can "send notification" to my old phone.

its nonsense, i have re-use,re-sign all other 2fa based account after i format my devices, only dropbox have not.

is dropbox trying to show itself to be very safe? its not the way

i did not lost my account, i have my phone and e-mail. but i can't reach my account, its funny

i no longer recommend dropbox to my friends.

because if you lost "emergency codes" or if you lost your phone no way to get your account back.

Highlighted

Super User II

@UselessNess wrote:

"impossible" is not the solution

But in cases like this, it's often the correct answer.

i can't get code by text message.

Why not? You stated that you have your phone. If you're 2FA is set to send the code via text, you should still be receiving it, if your phone number hasn't changed.

If your code was sent through an authenticator app, then you can use the backup phone that you should have added when setting up 2FA.

The unfortunate fact is that Dropbox provides backup methods to gain access to your account when you're unable to receive your 2FA code. You've lost the emergency backup codes and apparently didn't assign a backup phone. Dropbox WILL NOT bypass the security that you asked them to enable on your account.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

every single option has required to sign to dropbox. if i already can sign there i have no problem at all. please check your answer before send me. i can't get text message because there is only "send notification to phone" option as posted first message second photo.

@Rich i would like to give you my dropbox email and password later than please tell me your solution.

Highlighted

Super User II

Then I'm afraid you're out of luck and won't be able to access your account. Dropbox will not circumvent the security that you asked them to put on your account.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

C'mon its not a bitcoin wallet. I can't rollback my phone and i can't rollback my laptop (linked device).

please update me if something going to change

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Alright finally i found emergency codes and recovered my account. Im so happy now but please fix that "impossbile" should be nothing

Highlighted

Super User II

Pleased you are in, however....

Yes it should be the case @Escobar. You told Dropbox to not let people in to your account unless they could prove that they were you. You agreed that the way they did that was with those secure codes or by having both your password and mobile device in their posession. Dropbox allowing anybody to remove them without those two things is a disaster for security - it could literally be anybody requesting it. Therefore doing so makes the whole security system insecure.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

you are absolutely right, i can clearly understand what you mean but as you see i just wanted a "text code" for login but i set it before "get code by app"

what if you lost your "phone" and "emergency code"  and any saved device you will never reach dropbox again.

when you request high security you get higher risks

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?