cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Too many files Please use desktop application

Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox - you have got to be kidding. 

So many computers have small SSHD's now, perhaps 250 GB or smaller. 

Dropbox WEB SERVER SERVICE WE PAY $100 A YEAR FOR has 1TB of storage. 

How can ANY function of Dropbox REQUIRE the desktop client? 

That is PATHETIC.

Oh wait... maybe its a feature of the Business plan? 

Since my $100 a year ISN'T GIVING me the ability to manipulate the 1 TB I PAY FOR, maybe if I pay another $150 or so I can actually use the 1 TB for which I am already paying $100 annually? 

** Dropbox - you have duped your customers. You have AWFUL custoner support.  You had advantages in the early cloud days, now you are just exploiting customers with a product that doesn't even make sense any more on the most basic level. 

A 1 TB cloud storage service that one needs to have a GREATER than 1TB physical hard drive to use?   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: too many files Please use desktop application

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’m sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with our service, and I’d like to know more about this so I can let our team know. If you’d like to give me more details, please reply to me here. 

Thanks.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi what is it you are trying to do?

Are you trying to download your files from Dropbox to your PC?  As your harddrive is not big enough can you sync the files on an external drive. 

Folders over 1Gb in size or containing more than 10,000 files cannot be downloaded via the website in this manner. Instead, you need to download and install the Dropbox client so the folder will sync to your computer (along will the other files and folders in your account).

Highlighted

Super User
Super User
What exactly are you having trouble with? Please post the details of what you're trying to do.

I Googled the error in your title and it seems like the Dropbox web client has a limit on the number of files that it can work with at one time. So if you're trying to delete a massive amount of files at once, then you could work around the limit by deleting a smaller batch of files, then another, etc.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’m sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with our service, and I’d like to know more about this so I can let our team know. If you’d like to give me more details, please reply to me here. 

Thanks.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?