cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many incorrect attempts. Please try again in a few minutes.

Too many incorrect attempts. Please try again in a few minutes.

sdshahbazi01
New member | Level 2

Hello

I forgot my dropbox password and i use this link https://www.dropbox.com/forgot but i got this error "Too many incorrect attempts. Please try again in a few minutes."

I didnt receive any email about reset password.

please help

1 Reply 1

Re: Too many incorrect attempts. Please try again in a few minutes.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @sdshahbazi01, thanks for posting on the Community!

This is generally a security measure to prevent multiple attempts to reset passwords.

Could you try waiting for 24 hours and then attempt to reset the password again? 

As you didn't receive any emails, could you try adding no-reply@dropbox.com to your contacts list, and check the spam folder the next time you attempt to reset the password?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?