cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sign in to my Dropbox account if I've made too many login attempts?

How do I sign in to my Dropbox account if I've made too many login attempts?

Drazen M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a problem logging in after I did phone reset.

At first I thought that maybe I am entering wrong password so I did password reset as well but it doesn't help.

I waited for hours but nothing is changing.

I tried to uninstall and install app again but problem still persists.

76 Replies 76

Martin Castillo
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dear German F. and Andrew C.,

Thanks for your kind help.

I started this procedure, received a SMS code to my phone, entered this on my screen, received 10 secure codes, saved these codes in a secure spot, and then I logged into the Drop Box desktop App via both of my Windows 10 computers. I was never asked for any code and I logged in just fine. I thought something was wrong because I was supposed to be asked for a code and that didn't happen. I went back to the DropBox via a web browser and in my settings and it says that Two Factor Authentication is not enabled.

No idea what happened...........this is a bit concerning.

I can log in now, but I have no idea what happened or the reason why. Followed all procedures correctly. Now drop box has my phone number, I hate giving this out.

-MC

Kevin R.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I too just ran into the same problem all of you are facing but I managed to get mine working again. When using the app go to sign up put your name in and use your normal login. I hope this helps.

Mohammed W.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having the same problem and it is seriously frustrating. I installed dropbox on a new laptop and for some reason, my password didn't work after several attempts. After changing it, I tried to log in and it says there were too many login attempts. It has been nearly a day and I still cannot login. When the hell is it supposed to refresh?

Daniil M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mohammed W.,

I had a similar issue yesterday ("too many signin attempts, try later" for two days in a row).
I resolved it by clicking signup instead if signin, and feeding my old creds+name to the signup form. I've logged in successfully then.

adevereaux
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The two-factor authorization work around no longer works. When I go to enable it in my security menu, I'm asked to re-enter my password, and then I receive the error message after entering a correct password "Too many incorrect passwords. Please try again in a few minutes." I use Dropbox for the vast majority of my storage needs, since I'm constantly switching between devices. I'm seriously sad that Dropbox has messed their authorization up so badly that people like me are caught in an endless loop where we can't do anything but wait for a problem we never created to perhaps one day mystically solve itself. This is absurd.

defaria
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This doesn't work for me. Let me explain. What I want to work is Dropbox synchronization in an app that I use called Songbook running on my Android tablet. Dropbox synchronizes with the Dropbox app on my tablet. Dropbox does not sychronize with the Songbook app. I will email the developer but this is what I see:

Note the error messageNote the error message

iboregua
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, Andrew for your post!

I did it your way and it worked like a charm. Then I disabled the two-step verification on the very same phone and it still works 🙂 So I don't need to type the code. Great!

Best regards!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iboregua New member | Level 2
    defaria Explorer | Level 4
    adevereaux New member | Level 2
    Daniil M. New member | Level 1
    Mohammed W.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?