cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Total storage space for family plan versus separated plus accounts

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My wife and I have 2 separated plus accounts, so each of us have 2 TB of storage available which means a total of 4TB.

Is it right my understanding that by changing to a Family Plan we would (only) have a total of 2 TB of storage, being a downgrade in terms of storage available?  

Or those 2TB of "shared" storage would add to our existent 2TB of individual storage, actually getting (in our case) a total of 6TB?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Total storage space for family plan versus separated plus accounts

Super User II
Super User II

@hsnu wrote:

Is it right my understanding that by changing to a Family Plan we would (only) have a total of 2 TB of storage, being a downgrade in terms of storage available?

Correct. Basically, it's a Plus account that allows multiple people to share it. It's still in a Beta, so we don't know if it will be the same at release time. Any of the current details could change.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@hsnu wrote:

Correct. Basically, it's a Plus account that allows multiple people to share it. It's still in a Beta, so we don't know if it will be the same at release time. Any of the current details could change.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Being so I don't really see any reasonable reason to change.

Thank you very much for the answer!

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?