cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction ID doesn't work?

samhbraun
Explorer | Level 4

I thought I had canceled my subcription but I've recently been charged. I've had multiple dropbox accounts linked to one credit card but I thought I had canceled all subscriptions. However, I've recently been charged and I tried to use the credit card checker function but it doesn't work. I'm really just trying to talk to an actual person at Dropbox who can cancel my subscription with no frills because right now I'm finding it quite difficult to cancel this subscription (that I am no longer using) and feel like I'm being slightly robbed of my money. Any suggestions? Is there a dropbox number I can call? Let me know. Thanks so much.

12 Replies 12

Re: Transaction ID doesn't work?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @samhbraun; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear about this. 

If the self served look-up tool doesn't work for you, I'd suggest that you contacted our Support team through an incognito window without signing into any account. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon, Sam!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dicky W
New member | Level 2

I'm having teh exact same problem and it's impossible to speak to any human at Dropbox about this! They are a nightmare to deal with when it comes to cancellations and trying to use their website just pushes you down one rabbit hole after another to dead end after dead end. Terrible customer experience!

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Dicky W, I'm sorry to hear about this. Do you have a ticket ID from when you contacted the support team in order to check on it here?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

samhbraun
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

So I have tried your method and submitted a help request on an incognito page. However, it's been over a week and no one has responded to help with my issue. Is there someone I can contact directly either by phone or email to ensure all my subscriptions are canceled? I really do not want to be charged again.

Thank You,

Sam

chelseamcguinness
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same problem. I feel extremely robbed of my money and the fact that I can't speak to someone is very frustrating. I have been charged unnecesarily for two months now. 

Still being billed for a deleted account

chelseamcguinness
New member | Level 2
I am INCREDIBLY upset and frustrated with Dropbox. I set up a dropbox Plus account in August 2020 and have since deleted the account, however, I am still being charged monthly. I would like to stop this as soon as possible as I am no longer using the service. Because I deleted the account I cannot log in to see why it is still charging me and the lack of support from Dropbox is totally inexcusible. I cannot believe you can't speak to someone, plus all of my emails have been an automatic reply saying I need to go to the support page. This is totally not okay and from what I have read online, is happening all the time. This is terrible customer service and I strongly discourage signing up for this paid 'service'.

Re: Still being billed for a deleted account

Rich
Super User II

@chelseamcguinness wrote:
I set up a dropbox Plus account in August 2020 and have since deleted the account, however, I am still being charged monthly.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @samhbraun!

Can you let me know your ticket number for your request (eg. #1234567) so that I can check on this from my side?

Also, @chelseamcguinness did you have the time to reach out to the team too, with the steps Rich suggested?

Keep me posted, I'd be happy to help out!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Aliu12
New member | Level 2
Hi,
I also have the same problem. I have been charged for months now and don’t even know what I’m being charged for. The transaction ID is not working and I would appreciate direct contact and an efficient solution to stop all these charges.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?