cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer files from 3 user accounts and keep only 1 user account.

Highlighted

Transfer files from 3 user accounts and keep only 1 user account.

Explorer | Level 3

We've downgraded recently and is currently on a business plan with a minimum of 3 paid users (which we do not need). We need to transfer all the data from the current subscription over to a new business plan with one user, so we are only paying for one user. Is this even possible?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Transfer files from 3 user accounts and keep only 1 user account.

Dropboxer

Hey @DowngradeX, thanks for checking in. 

Currently, the Business plans are available to a minimum of three licenses. You don't have to use them, but you cannot have less than that either.

You can have each user that needs a Dropbox account on an individual plan (Plus or Professional) though, and share the relevant folders with each other. 

Would that be an option for you? 

Give me a nudge whenever you get the chance to check this out. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil wrote:

Hey @DowngradeX, thanks for checking in. 

Currently, the Business plans are available to a minimum of three licenses. You don't have to use them, but you cannot have less than that either.

You can have each user that needs a Dropbox account on an individual plan (Plus or Professional) though, and share the relevant folders with each other. 

Would that be an option for you? 

Give me a nudge whenever you get the chance to check this out. Cheers!

Hey @Lusil,

Thanks for the advise. So, just to make it clear once it's shared to that another user and saved down to the new Dropbox account and if in case the original account where it came from gets deactivated, those shared folders won't get affected in the new Dropbox account right? We're just making sure that whatever was on these 3 accounts will be transferred to just one account without any issues with the files.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

The best route in this case is to share the folders from the three accounts to the main account and then give it ownership

That way, you make sure that the account you want to keep "owns" the folders and can manage membership. 

Remember to check that the main account has enough space to add everything. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil wrote:

The best route in this case is to share the folders from the three accounts to the main account and then give it ownership

That way, you make sure that the account you want to keep "owns" the folders and can manage membership. 

Remember to check that the main account has enough space to add everything. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Thanks @Lusil but we're just going to make everything clear coz we're dealing with a couple of folders here that we're about to transfer. What we're planning is to just keep one of the 3 accounts that we currently own right now and transfer all of the files to that one major account only so that we're just going to pay for 1 subscription. The catch currently is our business account doesn’t have storage because we’ve cancelled it. How do we go about this? My apologies for all the questions coz chances are I'll be the one who's going to implement these changes so need to make sure that I'm understanding the whole idea.

Your help is really appreciated here 😊

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Not to worry, @DowngradeX! We're here to help after all. 

Since you mention that you don't have enough space, I just wanted to check if by any chance your team ended up in locked state.

Could you go to your Plan tab and send me a full screenshot of what you see?

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil wrote:

Not to worry, @DowngradeX! We're here to help after all. 

Since you mention that you don't have enough space, I just wanted to check if by any chance your team ended up in locked state.

Could you go to your Plan tab and send me a full screenshot of what you see?

Hey @Lusil ,

I really appreciate your help. Please see below on the screenshot of our PLAN Tab in settings. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Plan tab.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It looks like your team is in locked stated indeed @DowngradeX.

Have you checked the relevant documentation to see how you should move forward at this point? 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?