cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Many of us begin our Dropbox journey with a Basic Account, which has so many perks, and of course, it is free! Learn all about how to get the most from your plan here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial caused my referral added space to be deleted

Trial caused my referral added space to be deleted

Dockwalker
Explorer | Level 3

I recently decided to accept a trial of an upgraded service. (actually didn't want to do trial even but accidentally clicked on it to get rid of the window). When the trial expired, my volume capacity of my account reduced down to below where I was at originally. Why? Do I now have to pay to get the level I was at before the trial? That doesn't seem right. I had joined Dropbox back when it first came out. There was a referral program they had that I referred about 10 people to within my company and they all joined. It caused me to have a bunch more storage, which was great. Why did that all go away now when it was supposed to be a trial, and I should go back to where I was at, no? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trial caused my referral added space to be deleted

Mark
Super User II

The basic quota is 2gb. Is that what www.dropbox.com/account is showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox space isnt reduced after you finish trials as long as you dont delete the whole account. If you do you do lose it. 

You can see what happened to space at www.dropbox.com/events and www.dropbox.com/account. Its also worth remembering though that while you are in the trial your free space bonus from referrals doubles, so you will have less than you did then once you downgraded. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dockwalker
Explorer | Level 3
This does not appear to be the case. I have less files now than when the trial began, and now that the trial has expired, it says my Dropbox is full and I need to upgrade. And says I am only allowed the basic limit.

Mark
Super User II

The basic quota is 2gb. Is that what www.dropbox.com/account is showing?

Dockwalker
Explorer | Level 3
Yes it is saying I am over 2 gb and has suspended syncing until I upgrade.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Dockwalker, happy Monday! 

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of what you see when visiting your plan page, please? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Dockwalker
Explorer | Level 3

Well not sure what happened this morning, but somehow it has been corrected and now says I have more than 2gb available and is no longer requesting that I upgrade. It must take a bit to log of something. I have not deleted most of my content off of Dropbox too, so now I have less than 1,000 mb in the folder but says I have 9.6gb available. Yesterday when I had the issue, I was checking my folder and it only had 5gb in it when it was telling me I was over my limit. 

For now it is corrected so nothing more to be done. 

Megan
Dropboxer
Awesome news @Dockwalker!

If you need anything else, give us a shout! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Dockwalker Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?