cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to delete account - stuck in survey loop

Highlighted

Trying to delete account - stuck in survey loop

New member | Level 2

I am trying to delete my account. I have used the Delete Account link in the general tab, which takes me to a page where I am asked to confirm my downgrade with a note that I will have an opportuinity to delete the account after the downgrade is done. Once I click 'I still want to downgrade', I am taken back to the settings page, and a pop up comes up asking me to select a reason why I'm cancelling. Regardless of the answer I choose, when I hit submit the page refreshes and the survey popup reappears.  This seems to be an endless loop that can't be prevented. I have tried turning on a pop up blocker and also tried a different browser (Firefox and Chrome), the results are the same.

How can I get out of this loop and actually delete my account?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Trying to delete account - stuck in survey loop

Dropboxer

Hey @Sue_15, thanks for checking in with us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Could you also try clearing your cache and even trying to delete your account from a private browser?

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Neither a clean browser or private browsing mode allowed me to get past the survey loop. It turns out that I had to have my account unshared from a large folder before I could downgrade, which makes sense but there was no indication that this was required. Once the downgrade has been done, I will be looking to delete the account, so hopefully I will be able to do that without issue.

Thank you for your time.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @Sue_15, and great work with the troubleshooting!

If you still have any trouble with it, just give me another nudge and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?