cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trying to restore, but get "Too many files. Please use the desktop application."

Trying to restore, but get "Too many files. Please use the desktop application."

Dave H.33
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have an event of 50,000 files being deleted.

I am trying to restore them, but get the error message "Too many files. Please use the desktop application." from the web app.

Anyone know how to fix this?

24 Replies 24

Alexis G.1
Super User
Go to solution

I mean, what's going on here? And why the insane, brain-dead recommendation to 'use my desktop app?" 

The desktop app is recommended if you want to download a huge amount of files. It's easy to follow: install the app and the files will be downloaded in the background.

is anyone actually in charge over there?

This is a user supported forum. We are just users like you, with some experience with the app or years of IT knowledge. If you need official help, please follow this links:

Open your ticket in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket in this link: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Have they seen how bad that app is?

We will be glad to help if you explain us what is the problem.

michael p.117
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks for the detailed takedown. I'd prefer to get help from someone else, thank you.

Don G.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is crazy. It was my error for sure but they do not respond to service requests and I've been dead in the water with my project and my online life for over two days. I'm outta here just as soon as I can get this resolved. No way to run a service people make a living with. Completely misses the point.

John B.210
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It took a week of one email per day to get the mass delete "event" resolved. No explanation to the cause, other than Dropbox blaming the user.. my password protected pc was powered off in locked office on a Sunday morning.

Don G.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Horrible. Nightmare come true. Heading into my fifth day down. It is all too clear that customer retention is not a Dropbox consideration much less a policy. I am going to have to cancel an important meeting because I can't prepare and will probably lose my job over it. What kind of outfit lets that happen?

My service thread has received the attention of two robots but no action whatsoever.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?