cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications

Barry1
New member | Level 2

Guys,

Can anyone really help me. The past 2 weeks I notice that I am now getting notifications to the bottom right of my screen whenever someone update a file in dropbox.  This is very annoying and I really don't need this.  I have been using dropbox for 8 years and never had this problem, 2 years with this computer.  I have tried everything but they still appear and I am convinced that the people at dropbox do not know how to resolve this issue.  Some of the preferences they are telling me to uncheck does not exist.  HELLLLP PLLLLLEASE

5 Replies 5

Re: Turn off notifications

Rich
Super User II

You can customize your notification settings in Dropbox Preferences.

What preference, specifically, does not exist for you?

Barry1
New member | Level 2
Thanks Rich but I think user should be told to uncheck the synced files box to actually stop these from appearing.

ben_bro
New member | Level 2

It should not be that difficult to turn off the annoying notifications that appear anytime somebody updates a shared file or folder. Also, having comments, shares and @mentions all bundled together does not make sense. 

There is a big difference between getting notified when somebody @mentions you (very important) vs. somebody added a new document to a folder or edited a document. Or is that synced files I should be turning off. 

Regardless, not clear and there are a number of ways to make this simpler and easier to use. 

jsharp03
Helpful | Level 5
Is there a way I can do something from my end to turn off notifications to other shared users when I make changes to shared files or folders?

Mark
Super User II
I'm afraid not jsharp03.

Interesting suggestion though. Maybe add to Feature Requests? https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    jsharp03 Helpful | Level 5
    ben_bro New member | Level 2
    Barry1 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?