cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts

abronsro
Explorer | Level 3

I have a business account on my work computer. I recently set up a diferent account (different email) on my home computer. How can I access it from my work computer?

7 Replies 7

Re: Two accounts

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @abronsro; welcome aboard and thanks for using Dropbox!

If one of those accounts are part of a Dropbox for Teams account, you'll be able to sync both of them on your devices by connecting them first using these steps

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

abronsro
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, Walter, but that doesn't answer my question. I don't want to sync the accounts, in fact I want to keep them entirely separate as one belongs to my employer. I created a home account (currently in free trial) on my home computer for home use. It just doesnt make sense that I can access that account only from my home computer. I should be able to access it from any other device???

Rich
Super User II

@abronsro wrote:

Thanks, Walter, but that doesn't answer my question. I don't want to sync the accounts, in fact I want to keep them entirely separate ...

You misunderstand. Walter isn't referring to syncing the accounts with each other. He's referring to the process of connecting the accounts so they both sync to your computer, each in a separate folder. In order to do this one of the accounts must be a Business account, and then you connect your personal account to it (the accounts still remain separate, just linked for syncing purposes).

Refer to the link Walter posted for more details.

abronsro
Explorer | Level 3

Right, thanks Walter and Rich. The problem is the instructions don't work. I went to the link option on the Settings menu and entered the email for my personal Dropbox. It says "this email is already taken". When I tried agian it said "You must connect to a personal Dropbox account". Could the problem be that my personal account is actually a business account? I'm still in the free trial stage.

Rich
Super User II

@abronsro wrote:

Could the problem be that my personal account is actually a business account? I'm still in the free trial stage.

Yes. You can only connect a Business account to a Personal (non-business) account. You cannot connect two Business accounts or two Personal accounts.

abronsro
Explorer | Level 3

Got it. That solved the problem. I switched one account to personal. Thanks!

Jay
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Rich helped with your issue. 

Enjoy the remainder of your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?