cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Two email addresses - upgraded wrong one

Two email addresses - upgraded wrong one

hanfrac
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My primary Dropbox account was out of storage.  I logged into a second, then mistakenly upgraded the second, which I am not using.  Can I somehow merge the second account with the first one?  I understand I cannot transfer my upgrade from one email address to the other.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @hanfrac,

Actually you can share all content of the primary account to the second one and finally transfer ownership to the receiving account. 😉 About "transfer of one email address to the other", payment is performed no on email context, but on accout one! Yes, you can NOT transfer payment to the other account, BUT can transfer email address between accounts. 🙃 So the second account can look like primary.

Hope this gives direction. 👍

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

daniel elbo arama
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I think that the best way is just to copy everything from the other Dropbox to your desktop and than reconnect to the Dropbox who is upgraded. And from now on remain connected with this one. It does not really matters... is it? Good luck my friend! 😁

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @hanfrac,

Actually you can share all content of the primary account to the second one and finally transfer ownership to the receiving account. 😉 About "transfer of one email address to the other", payment is performed no on email context, but on accout one! Yes, you can NOT transfer payment to the other account, BUT can transfer email address between accounts. 🙃 So the second account can look like primary.

Hope this gives direction. 👍

papppan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What if I had some shared folders and more the 1TB data being consumed originally? 

Transferring would be quite hectic with 1TB, while the access to shared folders 

will get messed up both for myself and others. Correct? Any suggestions? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@papppan wrote:

What if I had some shared folders and more the 1TB data being consumed originally? 

Transferring would be quite hectic with 1TB, while the access to shared folders 

will get messed up both for myself and others. Correct? Any suggestions? 

The only other thing to do is swap the emails on the accounts. So use a third email to take out the one on the account you didnt upgrade, then replace that on to the one you did. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@papppan wrote:

... and? What's the matter? 🤔

@papppan wrote:

Transferring would be quite hectic with 1TB, ...

If you "transfer" email, it's the same when you have one file 1kB, for instance, and lots of files (1TB or more). In all cases the only thing that changes is the email; the same time, the same "complexity"!

@papppan wrote:

..., while the access to shared folders will get messed up both for myself and others. Correct? Any suggestions?

Hm...🤔 Only yourself and others self can say that - does it mess up something or not (it's just a feeling, nothing more)! Does email change get you (and others eventually) feel confused? 🧐 I (and probably everybody here) cannot say is this correct or not. There are people passed long term education about such things; you can ask them. 🙂 You should keep the people you're contacting with up about emails (and other accounts) you use (or plan to use); so, to avoid vulnerability related in any way to communication (including email, associated to your Dropbox, but not only).

Good luck.

Need more support?