cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typo error in the e-mail and accidentaly created another account with the good one

Typo error in the e-mail and accidentaly created another account with the good one

MRodriguez
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, 

I created an account with a typo error but it has 25GB for free because it's the one I created with my new Asus computer. However, a client has already sent me some files to the right address and I seemed to have created an account for that one (with the right address) that has only 2GB. 

Should I delete the account with the right e-mail and try to fix the e-mail in the account that has the 25GB? Will it accept modifying the e-mail to match one that had a Dropbox account previously?

Thanks for the help, 

Malu

6 Replies 6

Re: Typo error in the e-mail and accidentaly created another account with the good one

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @MRodriguez, thanks for your message!

Deleting the account with the correct email would free it up to allow you to use that email on another Dropbox account.

However, in order to be able to change that incorrect account, the email address needs to be verified first, which is possibly not the case since there was a typo in the email. 

Was the typo in the email before or after the @ symbol? Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Typo error in the e-mail and accidentaly created another account with the good one

MRodriguez
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for replying @Jay !

Yes, exactly! I can't verify the e-mail because of the typo mistake... it was after the @.

I created the 25GB as:        [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

when it should've been:      [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

I remain attentive 🙂 

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info, would it be possible to email you at the correct address to look into this further?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MRodriguez
Explorer | Level 4

Sure! Anything we need to do to fix this.

MRodriguez
Explorer | Level 4
Good afternoon @Jay,

I haven’t received any mail yet. Did you send it already?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @MRodriguez!

I've just reached out to the email linked with your profile here, so we can look into this further.

Please check your inbox when you have the time, and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?