cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my Dropbox account because I lost my email!

I lost my Dropbox account because I lost my email!

mak291
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox is a good service but he has a HORRIBLE SUPPORT! As I'm talking to robots and not humain being! I try to recover my losted DROPBOX account since 8 MONTHS (YES 8 MONTHS WITH THIS HORRIBLE SUPPORT BUT NO HELP)!

I lost my email (Gmail) because it wasn't protected by two step verification and it has a weak password, so someone hacked me! the hacker change the password and he add 2 step verification! when I try to recover it by Gmail recovery form there is no hope because I don't have access to the 2 step verification of the hacker and as you know GMAIL SUCK TO because there is NO HOPE to get my email back nor a service to contact them, and so I can't recieve a password reset link from DROPBOX!

I explain my problem with the MINORS DETAILS to the support but all they can said is we can't help if you don't have access to email! BUT WAIT GUYS! I still have access the 2 step verification because my Dropbox account is protected with 2 step verification! I still have a phisical access to a linked DEVICE (the device is formated so no access to Dropbox file), so I can provide you with the MAC address used and all the evidence that prove I'm the owner! BUT DROPBOX SECURITY IS ALL BASED arround an email! Guys, are you kidding? 

There are several reasons to lost my email, someone could have attack my account (as my case), I could lost my devices, my hard drive could explode and I lost all data, and the only answer is that you cannot recover my data? WHY YOU ARE LIKE THAT!

I see this post https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Manage-account/Two-factor-problem-account-lost-user-since-2009/m-p/2... where someone could recover its account by providing some details! I have all this details TOO! I can provide them!

PLEASE I need a supervisor to assist me so I get a reset password link! and you Dropbox! how the hell can someone access my account if he can reset a password (as someone pretend he is the owner (me) of my account) but he dosn't have an access to my phone which I used in 2 step verification of my account! it's impossible he can access to my account because he didn't have the 2 step-verification phone number!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME! BECAUSE MY IMPORTANTS FILES I USED IN MY STUDY GONNA LOST AND I WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE!!!!

I open DOZENS of tickets, the last one is #9274857.

It's 8 MONTHS I'm TRYING to get access to my account! WHY YOU GUYS ARE SO HORRIBLE IN TREATING US LIKE THAT!

10 Replies 10

mak291
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Здравко  Thank you for your comment! I made a mistake by using random passwords, sometimes things go wrongs! I have all prove and evidence as I write about the ownership of my account! I'm still wating this Dropbox Support that didn't care about its costumers! My study and all my hard work are in danger! I'm gonna be crazy about this nightmare! 

Hope things go betters today!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mak291 Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?