cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login - flashing screen/"waiting for dropbox.com"

Highlighted

Unable to Login - flashing screen/"waiting for dropbox.com"

New member | Level 2

Hi, I have been using dropbox daily for many years, not a new user. I tried to log in yesterday from a library computer and once I entered my password, and got the two-factor authentication code and entered it, it kicked back to the login screen and there is a sort of flashing that occurs in the "login via gmail" and "login via facebook" boxes, and there is the sort of "loading" pinwheel and it goes back and forth between "waiting for google.com, waiting for dropbox.com."  I ignored it but today I tried to login from my home computer (both times I'm using Chrome) and the same thing happened. Anyone knows what gives????

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Login - flashing screen/"waiting for dropbox.com"

Dropboxer

Hi @JK14

I understand how frustrating log in issues can be. 

This sounds like a browser issue. 

1. Clear your browser's cache.
  2. Try Incognito Mode / Private Browsing mode of your browser.
  3. Try another browser. 
  4. Restore your browser to its default settings and disable any browser plugins. The issue you're experiencing may be the result of a security setting or a plugin that you have installed on your browser.

Let me know if this was the solution to your issue. 

Thank you. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
Hi,
I’ve tried safari and google browsers, and I’ve tried incognito mode and private browsing mode. I’ve tried clearing the cache - nothing is working. I haven’t installed any special security plugins. Dropbox is the only website that does this. I can’t even login to Dropbox to update my payment details .. it driving me insane. Please help!
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Kathryn2020, thanks for nudging us on this thread and sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing the Dropbox website. 

Out of curiosity, when you navigate to this page, and then click on the Dropbox logo on the top left corner of your screen, do you experience the same results?

If so, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you see? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I am also experiencing this issue.  Windows 10 on Chrome.  I'll try some of the suggested things.  It takes all day to log in.  I try multiple times and seem to get lucky every once in awhile.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @theelbrando, are you on a work network by any chance?

If so, in the event that domain whitelisting is employed then you or your admin will need to add the following to your list of approved domains:

dropbox-api.arkoselabs.com

Let me know how it goes!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Please add my name to the people experiencing Dropbox login problems. I cleared the browser and restarted the computer and no luck. I can access other accounts with no problem but with Dropbox I get the flashing screen previously described.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @psa188!

Can you let me know if you've tried using an incognito/private browsing window too? How about when using another web browser?

If you're still having trouble with this, please confirm for me what you're using as your default browser.

Let me know - cheers!

Daphne

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Well, tonight it worked in Microsoft Edge. I don't know why.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @psa188!

If the issue crops up again, or you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me here.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?