cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access dropbox.com on PC

Unable to access dropbox.com on PC

droppingIn
Explorer | Level 3

I received an email from the Dropbox.com domain saying there was a new login on my account for a time I wasn't awake and via a browser that I rarely use. I'm able to access the Dropbox site through mobile but not on PC. I changed my password through the mobile site and made sure Chrome was allowed to access through the Windows firewall. I'm still unable to access the website on PC. Please let me know if you have any ideas, thanks!

8 Replies 8

Re: Unable to access dropbox.com on PC

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @droppingIn, thanks for joining the Community!

Are you using ESET as your antivirus software, or another app? Have you tried another browser to see if this can help?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

droppingIn
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay! Thanks for your support.

I use only the windows defender antivirus and have tried to access dropbox.com via Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I tried the troubleshooting suggestions; re-adding chrome as a firewall exception and adding it to the list of exceptions for defender. No luck with those though.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @droppingIn!

Can you clarify if you're getting a specific error when you try and access the Dropbox website on your computer?

If so, please send over a screenshot of this.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

droppingIn
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphne!
I don't see a way to attach a screenshot on mobile so I copied the text of the message here. I've checked my internet connection, firewall, and antivirus settings.

This site can't be reached

www.dropbox.com refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection

• Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Reload

Hide details

Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server. Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings.. > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN",

computerfreund
Explorer | Level 3

That looks like an error on your end to me. Did you try restarting your router and/or using a different device?

droppingIn
Explorer | Level 3
Hi computerfreund, I've tried resetting the router and am able to visit other sites. With my mobile, I'm able to visit dropbox.com. I'm not sure why I can't access it on PC.

Jay
Dropboxer

It sounds like there is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

I'd recommend checking each one individually and disabling them to ensure that none of them are affecting connections to the Dropbox site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

droppingIn
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks, Jay. I'll try that. Is there anything else I can do on my end? I've troubleshot my firewall, and security settings, and now trying to get in touch with my ISP.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?