cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in on iPad even if unlogged other devices in security parameters to be under 3

Unable to log in on iPad even if unlogged other devices in security parameters to be under 3

tarekos
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I have discovered the 3 devices limitation when I tried to connect to Dropbox with my company's professional account on my iPad.

So I looked for how to unlog previous devices, it's on the security tab in my Dropbox profile, I now have only one device connected.

But I still can't connect to Dropbox on iPad with the same error message about the 3 devices limitation.

I don't understand what to do to be able to connect on the iPad.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Unable to log in on iPad even if unlogged other devices in security parameters to be under 3

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @tarekos; welcome to our Community!

Can you please confirm that you're seeing only one device in your account's Security tab

If you do and still get the same error on your iPad, please restart it and try again. 

Keep us posted on the results!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Unable to log in on iPad even if unlogged other devices in security parameters to be under 3

tarekos
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you @Walter !

I confirm that I see no device in my account's security tab (I had only one, but I removed it too).

I still get the same error on the iPad, even after restarting it, and even after deleting the Dropbox iOS app, restarting the iPad, installing Dropbox and trying again.

Here is the error message I get in french, and my translation of it in english :

<French> Echec de la connexion

Vous avez atteint la limite du nombre d'appareils mobiles autorisé par votre entreprise. Pour obtenir de l'aide, contactez votre administrateur.

<English> Connexion failure

You have reached the maximum number of devices allowed by your company. To get help, contact your administrator.

Thank you for your help.

Kindly

Walter
Dropboxer
Oh, I see now. In that case, have you reached out to your team's admin @tarekos

They may have enabled device approvals which could be why you're getting this error. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?