cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unsubscribe plan as the platform won't let me and paying monthly bill without consent

Unable to unsubscribe plan as the platform won't let me and paying monthly bill without consent

Smita Balram
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox

I want to unsubscribe and I have followed all the steps provided. I have a paid account. The platform only gives me the option to downgrade to basic plan, post which it said that I won't be charged. I did so last month. However, I got no confirmation mail from the platform. And they have deducted monthly rental AGAIN!! I have tried all ways to reach out to Dropbox team but all in vain. There is no Unsubscrobe Option. Money is being deducted from account without my consent. It's unethical and unforgivable. And unbelievable that a company of international repute is so lousy and lame. 

Dropbox team, I had to resort to this forum to get some help. Please help me unsubscribe. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Unable to unsubscribe plan as the platform won't let me and paying monthly bill without consent

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @Smita Balram, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Since you already tried to downgrade the account, can you confirm for me if this account is showing "Dropbox Basic" in your Plan tab here?

Are the charges also being made to Dropbox directly, or do they show as being through the Google/Apple app store?

This would show on your bank statement if the charge was made through the app store, if you're not sure. Otherwise the charge would just show "DROPBOX".

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?